Sunday, August 6, 2006

Tree Breaks

I don't like evaluating tree breaks or twists. I don't recognize them as being bigfoot related. There are just too many other things they could be attributed to: storms, winds, old age. I don't say that Uncle Harry didn't do it as some type of territorial marker, I am just saying it is "not my thing."

On the 1st of July 2006 this twelve foot tall four inch diameter maple tree was snapped in two along the path in the pasture just up the hill feet from my feeding station. There had not been any other damage on my property or my neighbors property. There was a path of knocked down tall grass from the hay field to the east directly to the tree.

4 comments:

  1. Was that tree old or young? Was the break twisted? I have seen limbs high up (10 FEET) ON young trees twisted with no other damage around. Can't see why a young healthy tree would have a problem like that without some manual assistence. Good luck on your search.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The break was at the four foot level. It was not twisted. No other trees had damage either on my acreage or any of my neighbors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://s93.photobucket.com/albums/l51/tomasal/?action=view&current=Video-0032.flv

    some tree breaks I saw in a river bottom. All the same height but only in this area. No other area of the river bottom had them. These were breaks not twists and no other damage around them as you'll see. There was a sighting in this immediate area by a arrowhead hunter. The land is government owned.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Att -

    Interesting video. I checked out your other photos as well. Tree breaks and stick structures are really not "my thing". I always have problems trying to figure out if they are natural or not.

    ReplyDelete